How Orthodontics Have Changed Over the Years
By AT Dental, PC
September 23, 2014
Category: Dental Procedures
Nowadays, it seems like things change in the blink of an eye. In the orthodontic field, you will find that many options for braces or orthodontic appliances have changed as well. Today, AT Dental offers many options that make the process of correcting your teeth efficient and comfortable, making your new smile easier to achieve. Orthodontists now have the ability to use:
- New metal equipment: Using the same innovative technologies of NASA, orthodontists today can use heat-activated nickel-titanium alloy wires that use a constant, gradual force to move teeth when the wires are at mouth temperature.
- Better preparation: Digital imaging has enhanced orthodontic diagnosis and treatment planning.
More Options for You
At our office, we offer four different types of braces to treat malocclusion. Listed here you will find the explanations of each to help you decide which one fits perfectly into your lifestyle.
- Clear Braces: Give you a more pleasing, less dramatic appearance while wearing braces. The brackets are clear or tooth-colored. They are made from a ceramic material that prevents them from staining your teeth after the orthodontic treatment.
- Metal Brackets: Traditional, metal braces are still the most popular among patients. Traditional braces consist of standard metal brackets. They adhere to your teeth with adhesive and then are connected with a wire. While there are many choices for you, metal braces are the best choice for treating severe malocclusion.
- Clear Aligners: These are basically unseen because they are made of clear plastic. Clear aligners allow the natural color and shape of your teeth to remain visible. Benefits include: improved oral hygiene, eating habits and comfort.
- Lingual Braces: These types of metal braces are bonded to the back of your teeth (the tongue side). This makes them invisible to others, which is a plus.
Call AT Dental, PC Today!
As you can see, research and exploration of the orthodontic world continues to improve as time goes on. If your smile needs a makeover, contact our Lawrenceville orthodontic office today to schedule an appointment. Call 770-277-0774.
Are you a patient of AT Dental, PC? If so, we would love to hear about your experiences below!
|Monday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 2:00 PM|