When a Bad Bite Bites Back!
By AT Dental, PC
September 23, 2014
Category: Dental Procedures
Nobody wants to deal with the negative aspects of an over bite or under bite. A bad bite can cause problems with your teeth.
Problems Caused From a Bad Bite:
- Mild to severe tooth pain
- Tooth loss
- Loose teeth
- Chipped, cracked and fractured teeth
- Crowding, tipping and misalignment of teeth
- General headaches
- Trigger point pain
- Sore jaw muscle
- Jaw pain in the front of the ears or both sides
- Popping, clicking, grinding, and locking of the jaw joints
- Melt down of joint surfaces
- Deterioration of protective disc
Whew! Now that’s a big list! At AT Dental we offer orthodontic care for our patients who suffer from a bad bite. Orthodontics can resolve many different cases of bite problems such as underbite, crossbite, or overbite. Sometimes teeth need to be removed to help with the treatment, but it’s a very quick procedure. After the preparations are made, orthodontic appliances are used to correctly align your teeth.
You Can Bite Back: Fix the Bite!
We offer different orthodontic treatments for our Lawrenceville dental patients ranging from traditional/metal braces to braces that are nearly invisible.
- Clear Aligners: These give you the option of fixing your bite with virtually invisible aligners without the metal brackets and wires. Every two weeks you will receive a new clear aligner. Treatment time lasts around 9-15 months. Over time your teeth slowly and carefully shift into place, as well as your bite.
- Traditional/Metal Braces: These are still our most popular orthodontic devices. They have been around for years and are still a popular option for fixing a bite problem. This type of orthodontic care requires metal brackets and wires that move your teeth into place. Time depends on individual needs.
- Lingual Braces: These types of braces are similar to traditional braces except the wires and brackets are on the back of the teeth (the tongue side). This makes them invisible to others. No one will be able to see the braces since they are on the other side.
- Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces are much like metal braces except for metal; they use ceramic material to straighten teeth. The ceramic makes the braces less noticeable to others.
Call AT Dental, PC Today!
To learn more about how to fix your bad bite, contact our office at 770-277-0774.
Are you a patient of AT Dental, PC? If so, we would love to hear about your experiences below!
|Monday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 2:00 PM|